- Arrangement in a teapot
- A summer evening (not a pedestal arrangement)
- A vase of 5 different garden flowers
- 6 sweet peas, up to 3 different varieties
- A single rose
Vegetables and fruit
All items should be displayed evenly and tastefully, e.g. in rows, on a plate no bigger than 27 cm.
Uniformity of size, condition, form and colour are very important.
Exhibits should be clean, fresh and more or less free from blemishes or soil.
They should be without pest or disease damage/infestation.
Size is relatively unimportant – uniformity and freedom from blemishes are more desirable.
- 10 strawberries, including stalks
- 10 gooseberries, including stalks
- 10 raspberries, including stalks
- 2 stalks of currants (black, red or white), minimum 7 fruit per stalk
- 3 courgettes – max 15 cm long, any colour
- 1 lettuce – minimum of outside leaves removed
- 3 new potatoes – medium-sized tubers, washed
- 3 beetroot – tops trimmed to 5 cm
- 5 carrots – tops trimmed to 8 cm
- 3 bulb onions – foliage trimmed and tied
- 7 pods of peas
- 5 radish – tops trimmed to 3 cm
- 3 different types of vegetable – one of each
All exhibits must be presented in well-sealed, clean and colourless jars. Contents must be clearly described on clean labels. Chutneys and pickles should be at least 2 months old.
- A jar of citrus marmalade
- A jar of fruit jam
- A jar of herb or fruit jelly
- A jar of lemon curd
- A jar of chutney
- A jar of pickled mixed vegetables
- A jar of any single pickled vegetable
- A cake made using vegetables
- 3 individual fruit pies
- 4 cheese scones
- Somerset cider and apple cake (recipe supplied)
- A Victoria sponge cake
- 4 chocolate brownies
- 4 shortbread biscuits
- A bottle of elderflower cordial
- A bottle of any fruit gin
Items should have been made in the last 2 years.
- An item of needlework
- A knitted item
- An item made for a child
- A handmade bag – any medium
- Under 5 years – decorate 3 purchased cupcakes – judged on decoration only
- 5- 7 years- make 3 decorated cupcakes – judged on taste and decoration
- 8- 12 years – make 3 decorated cupcakes – judged on taste and decoration
The maximum size for card is A4. The village sign may be viewed and inspected at the entrance to the car park in Market Street.
- Under 5years – a picture of me on holiday (not a photo)
- 5-7 years – a collage of the village sign
- 8-12 years – a collage of the village sign
- Under 5 years – a decorated stone
- 5-7 years – a decorated stone
- 8-12 years – a decorated stone
- 5-7 years – a piece of jewellery involving beads
- 8-12 years – a piece of jewellery involving beads
- 13-16 years – a piece of jewellery involving beads
Maximum base board size for all Lego models 32 X 32 cm
- 5-7 years – an original Lego model (not made from a kit)
- 8-12 years – an original Lego model (not made from a kit)